This article covers the minimum password requirements for faculty/staff and how to troubleshoot the "minimum requirements not met" error.
The password requirements are:
+ Should be 8 digits or longer
+ Contain three of the following:
- a lower case letter ( a b c d ...)
- an upper case letter ( A B C D ...)
- number (0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 )
- a special character ( ! @ # $ % & * - _ + , . )
+ No part of your name can be used
+ You cannot use your previous passwords
If your new password does not meet these requirements, you will get an error.
When you get an error with your new password, you will not see a reason for the error (i.e. "not enough characters used"). The only way to check is to double check your password against the requirements. Try writing down the password you want to use to get a better view of it.
- Count the number of characters in the password. Is it at least 8?
- Did you use part of your name for the password? (i.e. LoriIsAwesome!)
- Have you used this password before? Or a password that is very similar? (i.e. if you have used wiss2015, you probably won't be allowed to use wiss2016 because it contains too many of the same characters.)
- Do you have enough variety in the characters? Are there three of the following: lowercase letter, upper case letter, number, special character?